All references in this policy to “Pin”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refer to Pin Dating, LLC. “Personal Information” means any information that allows somebody to identify or reasonably link to our member. The word “Processing” is used to mean how we gather, store, use, extrapolate, share, and retain “Personal Information”.
Our services are designed to be used by adult persons, and we restrict access to individuals who are younger than 18 years of age.
We use the term “Affiliates” to refer to any business whose services are needed to deliver Pin services to our members. These include Service Hosting Businesses, data analytics, technology services companies that are a part of the service delivery as well as companies with common ownership.
We use the term “Partners” to refer to businesses that provide data to Pin. This may include information about bad actors from third parties, as well as results of campaigns, businesses that advertise on the Pin platform, businesses that provide services to singles who advertise benefits to Pin members, payment processors, and any other business entity providing us data of any sort.
At Pin, security and the privacy of our users is top priority. We use security best practices to design and build our software to inspire trust of our products in helping build meaningful connections.
We are very committed to transparency and this policy outlines our privacy practices. We attempt to describe it in plain language with minimum use of technical jargon.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you register an account with Pin, you give us your email address, name, DOB, and other basics required to allow your to use the Pin service.
- As you complete the profile, you may be asked to share additional information including interests, some details about you, photos, and other information.
- Your location is an important component allowing our service to work as intended. We collect your Geo Location as provided by your personal device. This allows Pin to determine your proximity to other members of the service. Members should not use smart devices to change their location while physically remaining in the same location. But, if they do, this is a function of the smart device itself and we process whatever location information is passed to Pin via that device as provided by the device.
- In order to continually enhance our service, when you use Pin, we have the ability to collect personal information such as activity, cookies, software information, logs, and other tracking technologies.
- When you give us personal information, including information about your identity, information of sensitive nature such as sexuality or any other information,, you are in fact consenting to our processing of this information in accordance with this Policy.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
- We retain your information as long as it is needed to provide you the services for which you signed up. We may retain some information for a short duration after you choose to terminate your services with us. This retention is needed to make sure we protect your history with our service in case you reactivate within a reasonable amount of time.
- If we are required by law to retain your personal information, we will comply with such requests and for any duration required by law.
- We may keep aggregate information without personal identification to process and perform analysis as a part of group. We may share this aggregate information with third-parties at any time now or in the future.
How We Use Your Information
Your personal information primarily allows us to deliver and continuously improve the features and services you signed up to use, as well as support, and notifications. Any primary processing we do with the information is directed at ensuring you and our members have a pleasant and fulfilling experience with Pin.
We do allow third-party ad and marketing partners to serve ads that you may have interest in. We also use information you provide about others to deliver messages and service notifications on your behalf.
If we are required by law, and in order to comply with any legal obligations, we may share information with law enforcement agencies, or any other parties as required by a governmental entity with the power to request that information.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information
- The Pin community and other members of the community. This is the basic reason for the Pin service and you agree to share some personal information in order to be discovered by other members of the community.
- Service Partners as third party providers who assist us in various tasks of operating our services and our business.
- Our Affiliates Any company that is directly affiliated by ownership or close business relationships or agreements. This includes security audits, securing our systems, fight against fraud, abuse, spam, or other wrongdoings. From a business perspective, this may include business audits, sales, merges, acquisitions, restructuring, reorganization, change of ownership, or other business legitimate reasons.
- Law Enforcement may require us to comply with a legal process such as court order, subpoena, or search warrant. In such instances, when enforced by law, we will disclose personal information. We may also assist in the prevention or detection of a crime, or the safety of our members.
- We may have other Legal Obligations that require us to share information. These include enforcement of our terms of service, claims against content, malicious behavior, asserting our legal rights, defense of our business, accounting and taxes, employment, or anything otherwise required by law collectively described as “Legal Obligations”.
- As a member of Pin, you have the right to see and update your Personal Information that is stored in Pin.
- Uninstall the app to stop any data collection. Uninstalling is not the same ad deleting your account. If you uninstall the app, your account and data will still be active in the system.
- You can at any time delete your account and stop your membership in the Pin community regardless of the subscription type you have. This is considered closure of your account, and data retention will be based on this policy.